Thread: BWD how do you measure it???

Thanks

Question BWD how do you measure it???

ok ,so ive got all my implant stuff picked out, i want 800cc silicone HP (high profile) ,but as im a bit over weight im thinking that maybe my BWD is too wide for HP's ,so im wondering if anyone can explain how i can measre it,i tried before but it was measuring at like 16cm or something so i think im doing it wrong???

Thanks

What is BWD???
    Procedures: Breast Augmentation
    12 August 2009
    425cc Overs, Crease Incision
    Pre BA Size- 12A
    Post BA Size- 12D & sometimes 12DD!

Thanks

ummmm i think it stands for breast width diameter???? something like that,but its how the surgeons measure you to see what profile is best(how wide your boob is).i really really want ultra high profile and i just thought the other day that maybe its not possible for my size

Thanks

Hi, The band width is a tricky one to measure yourself. The PS has an instrument that looks a bit like a mix between a duck's beak and a big adjustable wrench. Hmmm, thats not a very good description!!! Anyway, its much more accurate than a measuring tape because it goes around the 'bump' of your breast tissue.

If you want to try yourself- get a measuring tape or ruler and stand in front of a mirror. Measure below your breast in a straight line. Pretend to draw two parallel lines down from the widest parts of your breast and where they would reach the ruler is your measurement.
    Most people are around 10-12cm, but it varies and not all relate to your weight or size.

If you are getting 800cc Hp that implant is about the same width as I have (500cc Moderate profile) in the mentor brand.
    I have a fairly small rib cage and I thought I woud be too narrow for that width but my PS said it was fine. When I get 800cc (one day, when I need a redo!!) I want to keep the same width but just get more projection. I think you will be fine. 800cc is pretty big so the width will be ok.

Thanks

oh thank you so much,i completlt forgot how to do it and just started freaking out that i was too wide for the HP or even better the ultra HP, I WAS TOTALLY MEASURING THE BUMP BEFORE LOL 16CM HAHA, ok well i'll go find a ruler or tape and find out what i am,only being 5'1 fingers crossed its not too wide....

Thanks

LOL, I know, the bump makes a difference! It is confusing coz I have seen on the JBI web site some instructions that include the 'bump' of your breast but they are referring to measuring your bra cup size.
    You are definately not wide from those measurements and your pics. You are a little thing, and those 800cc's are going to look UHmazing!!! (I am so jealous!!)

Thanks

If I know my BWD can I work out what size implant I can get?

Thanks

I think that there is some sort of guide based on the BWD that your PS uses. I know that some won't go too much over or under your Band width measurement.

So If your breast measures 12cm across then you could get an implant that has a base that is 11cm or 13cm without too much risk of going over your natural breast area (which can lead to double bubble on the sides or the 'breadloafing' where the implants get too close in the centre and make the skin 'tent').

I know that there are plenty of surgeons that go a couple cms over the measurement and also you can always get a different profile implant which changes the size.

You could get a High Profile implant that has more cc fill or a moderate profile with less cc but the same width.
    Last edited by from A to D; 04-08-2010 at 03:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks

you said that you can't go over coz it makes it look bad- but what about going under the BWD? Do some drs do that and what would happen?