Thread: Lipo Lumps and Bumps post surgery anyone had VELASHAPE I I

Thanks

Default Lipo Lumps and Bumps post surgery anyone had VELASHAPE I I

Hi,
    Has anyone got any suggestions to resolve irregularities post Liposuction surgery? after having a revision done I still have tunnelling and lumps on my stomach, and some lumpy tunnelling on my inner thigh and a small depression on my love handle.

My Doctor said he offers Endemologie for $1200 course of 10 Treatments. But I have lost all faith in him and am concerned I have made the wrong choice feel like I was ripped off having had a second lot of surgery within 4 months of the first and I now believe it was a lack of skill .
    I have looked into VELASHAPE II or even Endemologie it's pretty expensive and am wondering if anyone has tried it?
    I am going to a consult on Wednesday and hoping I can manage to afford it as right now I feel disfigured and stupid.

Thanks

Hi Shelly,

I'd def go for a second opinion on something like this. I too wouldn't trust the original PS to fix something like this particularly if there are multiple things needing to be fixed & he is going to charge you for it. He should have got it right in the first place!

I am in a similar situation post my TT with liposuction. I had a TT & lipo done in Nov last year & have had similar results. I have a dent below my naval & also there is more liposuction done on the right side than the left. I mentioned the dent & uneveness to my PS when I had my follow up consult & he said he would fix it for me & that it shoudn't cost me to much for him to do.

I used a diff PS for my BA & will consider asking for his opinion down the track if I am still unsatisfied with my results after another 12 months. For now I have decided I will sit on it for a while but either way I will definitely not be using the PS who did my TT in the first place...

Is your consult on Wednesday with your original PS? Make sure you see someone else who has a good reputation so you can have a second opinion.

Sorry, I can't help with the velashape II or endomologie but I am keen to hear more about it if anyone else knows.

Anyway, Let us know how you get on
    LilyM

Thanks

Hi Lily Sorry it's been a while since I have visited. I think your right to wait for any further corrections or stress to your body (hard to do when you feel distorted). Just to clarify this was my second attempt to fix the problems with this Doctor (total of two surgeries) then he suggested endomologie, and as you suggested I did not continue with any further services with him. I did end up trying Velashape I and it did help with skin texture just not terribly well on the areas that are grooved from the cannula. My initial surgery $5500 second surgery $2000 then he suggests endomologie at $1200 I don't think so. So all being said and done any further corrections will have to wait my body and purse cannot afford the stress. I hope your revisions go well and you heal smoothly.

Melbourne
    Thanks

A quick note on lumps:

It is usually caused by aggressive liposuction, so one area gets lipo'ed more than the other during surgery, that's what causes the indentations or lumps.

It's better to go with a surgeon who has a conservative approach and takes just enough at a time to leave the area 'smooth' and not lumpy.

Thanks

Lumps are common with liposuction unfortunately. I had liposuction to my inner thighs and one of the legs is a little lumpy.

If you are thin there is a higher chance of lumps becoming visible also.

Depending on how lumpy you are, the appearance should lessen over the years if you gain/lose a few pounds. Some fat eventually does come back and start to deposit.

Thanks

Hi Shelly, so sorry to hear about your troubles. I can't beleive your PS got away with doing such a horrible job and charging you the second time round to try and fix it! Have you considered reporting him? Or at least let us all know who you went to so future vistors to this site don't make the same mistake. I had lipo about a month ago and the jury is still out. I'm not happy with the outcome so far but I understand it can take a while so I'm trying to be patient.

Thanks

If lumps are quite common with liposuction surgery, how can patients minimize the occurence if they undergo this procedure?
    Simple, find a skilled PS and discuss it with him.

Thanks

I was advised that the compression garments are supposed to help this post surgery??